Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wk 3 The way things are

My son has a temper. Sometimes I watch him get frustrated and then rush in to calm the situation. What I found after reading this chapter was that I needed to let these feelings run its course. As the text stated the storms give way to patches of blue sky. When we focus on everything that went wrong we lose the ability to concentrate on the real problem. My wife and I get him to stop, identify the problem, and then find two solutions. This chapter affirms that. We often told him to go do something else, but this let the problem remain. Take note at the pitcher in baseball who gives up an early run in the beginning of the game. Watch him as he takes a walk around the mound the retires the next four to five batters. He didn't focus on the one bad pitch. He started focusing on the pitches that were effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment