Sunday, May 6, 2012

WK 1 Leadership Conference Presentation


The leadership conference that I would like to present at would be the Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference. I feel that all of the twists and turns that my Capstone project has taken me through will allow me to present my woes and wonders to teachers that may be going through the same process as I once did. My project developed into Motivating teachers to use technology in the classroom. What I found through my data collection as one participant stated, “ I am motivated, but intimidated.” What intimidated her was that she felt her students were more technologically savvy than she was. This may be true to an extent, but what I have found out is that the students sometimes are willing to learn with you. Students also have varying levels of comfortable usage of technology. I am finding out in my classes, who has an email account and uses it and who doesn’t even have a computer in their home.

When first started my quest to find technology for the use in my classroom, I was amazed to find out what I already had. We had just installed a scoreboard and what a scoreboard! It came with programmable segments to section off each part of class. This was just the beginning for us. We were also given a laptop and projector. We connected this to our sound system and with the use of Web 2.0 tools we were able to bring celebrities into the classroom and display information to large sections of students.
Presenting at this conference would be a culmination of events for me.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful choice, I love the way you put it: all the woes and wonders... isn't that exactly what learning is all about. good luck.

    ReplyDelete