Monday, May 21, 2012

WK 3 Leadership Project Hub

My capstone project Motivating teachers to use technology in their classroom has been very interesting from the start. I completely took a new turn during the process. I wanted to motivate students to increase their attendance, but realized after a few months that people, including students are drawn to things that appeal to them. Think about your favorite class. I bet it was very engaging, right? Today's students have the same type of desire that educators had at some point in their educational matriculation. They want to feel like they are an important part of the class. With today's technology, everyone can write or should I say post comments, answers and even pictures on the board. My project starts out by showing a student totally disengaged from his learning. Throughout the presentation, I show how the web tools my target audience and I have found have enhanced my student’s learning and how my staff is now motivated to share Web 2.0 tools that are being used in classrooms around my school.

WK 2 Leadership Post
WK 1 Leadership Post
 Jenkins_Duwaine_Leadership_Presentation


1 comment:

  1. Much better version than the one that included all of the leadership blog posts... I look forward to reviewing your presentation.

    ReplyDelete