Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Response to Cynthia Madanski


Affecting Eternity


Cynthia, I can give a personal account of being pulled out of the classroom. I was asked to be dean of students one year. This was my most frustrating year. I was pulled out the Expressive Arts Department, where we do a lot of different activities with the students. I watched in pain as I saw my PE department take a downward spiral. When students came to me with problems it was truly amazing to see some of my own coworkers wanted to punish and not discipline. I became a babysitter. I wish I had read the book before I took the position. I actually felt myself losing focusing on having my students master fundamentals. I am glad to say that I had to come back to the PE Department due to budget cuts, but couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment